Tether, the operator of the third-largest cryptocurrency with a market cap of virtually $70 billion, introduced the USDT launch on Polkadot.
Thus, the stablecoin is now accessible on roughly a dozen blockchain networks.
- The announcement from the corporate described Polkadot as a “full-stack Internet 3 ecosystem constructed for the multi-chain future.”
- Including that it has a “multi-chain software surroundings the place actions resembling cross-chain registries and cross-chain computation are attainable,” Tether mentioned the growth to Polkadot permits the stablecoin to maintain rising its presence in decentralized ecosystems.
- Firm CTO, Paolo Ardoino, commented:
“We’re delighted to launch USDT on Polkadot, providing its group entry to probably the most liquid, secure, and trusted stablecoin within the digital token area. Polkadot is on a trajectory of progress and evolution this 12 months, and we consider Tether’s addition shall be important in serving to it proceed to thrive.”
- With the addition of Polkadot, USDT is now accessible on greater than ten blockchain networks, together with Kusama, Ethereum, Solana, Algorand, Tron, Omni, and the recently-added NEAR.
- Tether, which has acquired some backlash for lack of transparency prior to now,